Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! I'm losing water but I can't get up!

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP! I'm losing water but I can't get up!

I live in southeast Ohio and losing about an inch of water per day. My pool is 18x36 20K gallons. I also noticed I'm getting some air bubbles in my return and the pump always has a little are in it. I've tried several times to re attach the pump basked cover, but the air remains.
    It seems primed pretty well and my Kreepy cleaner appears to work when I use it. Do you think I have a leak somewhere?
    B
    Ben T
    2001 Fort Wayne In Ground 18x36 Rectangle - 22,300 Gallons - Vinyl Liner -Raypak RP2100 400K BTU Gas Heater - Jacuzzi 3/4 HP Sygnet Pump - 225L Sand Filter - Aqua Rite 40K Gallon SWG (Installed June 2009).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP! I'm losing water but I can't get up!

Welcome to TFP
    This is an article from Pool School on leak detection.

pool-school/leak_detection
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!

While the leak detection article may well be the best piece of written English ever ( ), it would really help to know your pool and equipment specs. You can either type them in every time you post , or simply set up a signature, using the user control panel (if you need any help setting up the sig., simply ask and someone else - who actually knows how to work a computer- will happily help you 8) )

Work with us in answering the questions we have for you and reading the links we post and we'll get you trouble free quickly
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Signature:

Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature.

You are allowed 5 lines of text, and we need to know the following:
    1) The size of your pool in gallons
    2) The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
    4) If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone!! I pulled a Jacques Cousteau with my diving mask and searched every inch of the liner and found about a inch tear in the deep end...cut a patch and scuba'ed to the repair site and it worked like a a charm!
    Also, I replaced the pump drain plug gaskets (actually new plugs were only a dollar more) and the air bubbles are gone!
    Again, thanks for the help!
    B
    Ben T
    2001 Fort Wayne In Ground 18x36 Rectangle - 22,300 Gallons - Vinyl Liner -Raypak RP2100 400K BTU Gas Heater - Jacuzzi 3/4 HP Sygnet Pump - 225L Sand Filter - Aqua Rite 40K Gallon SWG (Installed June 2009).

6. Back To Top    #6

VERY glad you're good now with the leak

Thanks for the sig 8) (Now all we want are a couple of pics of your 'backyard oasis' )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks again....and here are some pics of my "Backyard Oasis".
    B
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben T