Have spent the last couple of months doing research on a new pool build. Have put many, MANY hours in my favorite CAD program trying to visualize what X size pool will look like in our back yard.

Have scoured the internet looking for pros and cons of standard vs saltwater pools. Looked at more specs on more devices than my brain can even remember.

What I've found is that this industry is a lot like the car industry. Folks have their favorites and swear by them which differs from someone else and their favorites. This typically turns into a flame fest about why X is better than Y. Usually leads to amusing posts that go back and forth.

That said:

It's nice to finally find a site dedicated to this industry that isn't simply trying to push X product over Y. With the amount of expertise and experience here, there probably isn't a question that cannot be answered. Which is exactly what folks new to the whole pool thing are looking for :D

When it comes time to pick a pool builder, be sure to post the info here before you sign on the line. We are good at spending other peoples money!! :) Plus you will get real, honest info about the stuff you are being "sold"