PVC Cement vs Plumber's Putty

Just went through my first full season as a pool owner and still makes me feel nervous ;-) Will look through the closing procedures on this site and will see - do you pour in RV antifreeze directly to all lines or dump it in the pool water?

Sorry, just saw that you had posted. I'm on vacation so I forget to check sometimes. I use a small funnel and a piece of garden hose. Mine is set up in a manifold fashion, so I disconnect the manifold by unscrewing one side of my valves. Then I stick the hose down each line and pour a gallon or so in each. Then put it all back together. On the main drain, I pour in a gallon or so and just let the vacuum push for about 30 seconds then valve it out. My shop vac isn't powerful enough to blow the main drain so I figure a slug of rv antifreeze with an air bubble on top should do the trick. Never see any pink coming out the main drain when I do it, but I think it's close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.