Which pool liner to pick?

May 31, 2009
Houston, TX
After talking with a couple folks about pool liners, I understand I can get the LOOK we want with any of the products we go with....plaster, quartz or pebble. What I would like to know more about is which product is the best. Obviously, plaster is at the bottom of the totem pole. What would be the next step up in quality and why? And the next? and so on... Who are the manufacturers of the products. I know a little bit about the advantages of one to another. But our choice is going to be based on the durability of the product. I don't want to have to worry about it for another...oh say, 20 years (with proper care of course 8) ). I am willing to pay for that, but not break the bank.

sS

The quality of the liner material, and the quality of the manufacture (seams, cut, etc.), are important, so one of the better know vinyl liner folks is probably better (Latham, Tara, Kafko, etc.), but even with pristine water chemisty, you are a bit optimistic to expect a 20-year liner life.

The shape of your pool makes a difference, too. A 6" radius corner puts more strain on the liner than does a 4' radius. I'd expect more like 10-12 years out of a good liner. If you get more, that's a bonus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.