Took Water to Pool Company: Results are diffrent than mine why?

yes, I am using the 10ML test.

Another Update: 1:30am poured in around midnight

almost 1.5 hrs later I did the FC test and it barely turned pink now. 1. 5hrs ago it was screaming red

1. Maybe I tested in a high chlorine area the first time?
or
2. clear pool on the verge of algae?

the kicker is... I am running my SWG too..

I had two gallons remaining in my shed, so I poured them around the pool, and in front of the jets. I am going to test in 30 min and tomorrow morning. (this was SLAM size. if FC5 to FC31)

ANOTHER UPDATE: 2:40am

I tested FC again. interesting findings after two gallons of bleach

FC: 7
CC: 2.5
TC: 9.5

Seem right? Is it killing organisms and lowering CC because of it?

CC of 2.5 means that the chlorine is fighting something in the water. This is why your FC is disappearing so quickly. Bottom line is that you need to perform a SLAM and get it cleaned up. Directions are here Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Trust your own results, forget the pool store. With a little repeated usage, you will be very confident with your Taylor test kit and the results will be accurate and consistent. And your pool will be easy to maintain!

I had
two gallons remaining in my shed, so I poured them around the pool, and in front of the jets. I am going to test in 30 min and tomorrow morning. (this was SLAM size. if FC5 to FC31

I do not understand "this was SLAM size. If FC5 to FC31".

SLAM
(Shock level and maintain) is a process where you bring the FC level up to a level dictated by CYA level and keep it there until you pass the three tests that tell you you have completed the process. For CYA of 80 the FC level is 31. So you bring FC up to 31 and keep it there testing frequently and adding chlorine as needed to keep FC at 31 til your water is clear and you pass OCLT, which is overnight, no more than 1 ppm loss of FC and CC less than .5. I would give links but on a pad and too difficult for my big fingers.

For today, I would take Mariann's advice and then SLAM after party, might have to add some chlorine throughout the day as FC level may drop quickly, then after party SLAM. Hope you have a great time and enjoy it, after all the work you did for the party

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.