Signed the contract and looking at products:)

I have ideas!!! OH I have ideas!!!! The boys can make plaster hand casts. They can also make some with the family name and decorate them.

Weed block, the heavy duty kind or roofing tar paper, with pretty white marble rock or large river rocks on top of it. Then place the kid's are work on it! Easy and cute!

Kim:kim:

That bed is 5'x40'... gonna take more than a couple plaster casts to fill it up. ;)

It looks really rad win the lights on... the pics do NOT do it justice.

59D03457-6947-4E62-83DE-5F2BF63E66D5_zpsa9xjftes.jpg

4333B249-97B1-43B2-854A-673285933C15_zpszcqzphmg.jpg

726F1AC4-CCB4-4BCE-94F6-E74DADE3AD56_zpsrmljmmv7.jpg

From 0-60 today...the pool looks amazing. It reminds me of one of the springs we've been to here in Florida...mysterious, opaque then full of darting light. Can't wait to see it change while it cures and as the summer sunshine fills it with laughing children and relaxing parents (ok, maybe not relaxed parents cuz we never really relax...lol).

Here are some pix from this morning and this afternoon. The PB came out today to measure the spillover for the granite. Can't wait for that to be installed. Start up guy comes tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

First pic this morning around 7 a.m.

Three hoses, baby!!!

Florida waterfall

Buster checking it out.

Kids came home from school and straight into the pool. Soooo cold!!!

This just got real folks;)

Some final time lapse stuff that I put together.

The acid wash as well as some paver work:

Pool Build Part 9 - YouTube

The finish installation and acid wash:

Pool Build Part 10 - YouTube

I'll have snap some more pics but it's been pretty awesome so far. The spa is a huge hit with everyone using it. The kids continue to play in the pool despite temps being in the mid-60's but the use the spa to warm back up. I'm enjoying being able to relax in it in the evening or after I've been working in the yard/garage. :cool:

That tile really shines even without the sun! PRETTY!

That was so neat to see! THANKS for sharing that!

Did the workers know you had the camera going?

I bet your are loving the pool. Kids in pool=easy bed time! LOL

Kim:kim:

The pool has been great for the last week. Kids love it and want to go in the spa and pool everyday. We have spa time together after dinner and really enjoy some relaxing time with each other. There is still a list of stuff to be completed or fixed by the builder/subs but it will all happen in good time. Here are some pix from this week and today:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool looks great -- but why did you plant houseplants in your garden? ;-)

Helen, when I saw your name and location I immediately remembered your hostas, cool steps and white fluffy dog!!! I loved your build! All the plants in our bed are outdoor plants here in sunny Florida;). I wish we had enough shade in our yard for hostas, always one of my favorites along with peonies and ranunculus (all stuff we can't grow here:(.
Your path to the equipment is an inspiration, too. We're doing pea gravel with flagstone on both sides of the lanai to the backyard and by the equipment. Love that look!

TFP always has the best builds and ideas:)

I popped on the board yesterday to escape all of the football stuff, makes me yearn for summertime. :)

Have you figured out the pool chemistry yet? Its pretty easy with the TFP calculators. All of those kids and a dog makes me think your pool will be well used and well loved. :splash:

I popped on the board yesterday to escape all of the football stuff, makes me yearn for summertime. :)

Have you figured out the pool chemistry yet? Its pretty easy with the TFP calculators. All of those kids and a dog makes me think your pool will be well used and well loved. :splash:

As part of the build the PB does a month long clean etc but we have their test kit and the one from here. My husband has been testing testing the water and I've been learning. Funny thing is the test kit from the pool builder is easier for my husband to use as he's a little color blind. Their kit has a color match thing on it and I think it helps him. Speed stirrer is cool though:)

And my old Doxie won't go in the water and my big boy Buster isn't too keen yet either...good for the pool and good for my furniture!!!

Love seeing the steps to the spa as we opted for the bullnose coping on the step too and this looks so close to what we will have. I saw many examples of non bullnose steps but figured since half of the step would have it anyway bc of the pool coping, it would make sense to extend it onto the steps too.

Looks like you are already getting a lot of use out of it already! Funny about the dogs. We have a pond on our property (approx 25 x 35 feet) and our German short hair loves to swim in it but wouldn't get in the neighbors pool. Wondering how long it will take him to get in ours once we have it lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.