Safety cover for winter or not?

Aug 14, 2016
VA
We have a kidney shaped pool, that is in an area closed off by a fence, so no major safety concerns.
On the other hand, we got with the house and pool a cover that is like a tarp and is held using water tubes. We have lots of trees near the pool and when time came to open it, the water was full of rotten leaves. I am thinking of one of the following options, and seeking input:
1. Safety cover + leaf net. Will require anchors and probably a custom size cover
2. same tarp like cover, but add a leaf net on top, plus a pump to remove the water from snow\rain
3. any other suggestion anyone might have...

Any thoughts?
Your help,and sharing your experience is much appreciated!

Sampool.jpg

The tarp with water tubes will work, but I found that the tubes laying on the tarp laying on my concrete deck stained the heck out of the concrete. I went with a safety cover and no more dark patches on the deck!

The cost may be the deciding factor. A loop loc cover with anchors for your pool will be expensive. I just replaced a standard size 18 x34 and it was $1800. Yours will need custom measure and drilled anchors in concrete. Ouch! But it is really the way to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.