Foam 2x Weeks

Believe it or not I don't work for Taylor or TFP. I genuinely like help people take control of their pools, understand and maintain them and ENJOY them. I like to help so much that I took the time to read through all 50 something of your posts here and noticed that you have never posted "real" results and wanted to confirm.

It's your hole in the ground filled with water to take care however your would like. And you'll get no flaming from me. But step 1 of TFP is a test kit that accurately tests the water. Proceed as you wish :)

Believe it or not I don't work for Taylor or TFP. I genuinely like help people take control of their pools, understand and maintain them and ENJOY them. I like to help so much that I took the time to read through all 50 something of your posts here and noticed that you have never posted "real" results and wanted to confirm.

It's your hole in the ground filled with water to take care however your would like. And you'll get no flaming from me. But step 1 of TFP is a test kit that accurately tests the water. Proceed as you wish :)

Sarcasm intended however offending anyone was not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just too bad that you hadn't used the money from the stuff you bought in post #1 to get a good test kit. Either a Taylor or a TF. You wouldn't have put the terrible foaming stuff in and would have only put in what your pool actually needed.

We'll be here to help when it turns into a green swamp.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Since you noted I've never provided results I decided to run both the AquaCheck and the InstaLink that I don't like. Here you go.
AquaLink InstaLink
Alk 120 210
Ph 7.2 8.4
TC 3 n/a
FC 3 7.5
Hrd 500 450
Cya 50 150

I hope this helps. I quit using the InstaLink when the results swung wildly from test to test all done within a few mins. The AquaLink matches closely to what I get using my 5-way chemical test kit. I just can't check the cya without using these two tests.

This just proves the point further. Which test results do you want to use? Leslies is like off as well. They often use poor technique, have poor training, don't rinse vials well and generally are solely interested in selling you more bottles of stuff.

If you are really interested in maintaining your pool you need to order a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net or a Taylor K-2006. The TF-100 is what I use and it is a better value, Pool School - Test Kits Compared

This afternoon you say your CYA is 120ppm .......
Right now I'm out of liquid bleach because of all the black algae and SWG not working because the flow wasn't fast enough. I have to check every day in diagnostics to make sure it shows ok. I'll try to clean the filter today and hopefully that helps with the foam. I'm trying for 80 on CYA. I've gotten it down to about 120 now. I have tons of shock packs but they contain stabilizer so I quit using them. Need to run to Walmart and pickup some pool bleach.

Tonight you say the AquaLink is what you prefer to use, and it shows a CYA of 50ppm
Since you noted I've never provided results I decided to run both the AquaCheck and the InstaLink that I don't like. Here you go.
AquaLink InstaLink
Alk 120 210
Ph 7.2 8.4
TC 3 n/a
FC 3 7.5
Hrd 500 450
Cya 50 150

I hope this helps. I quit using the InstaLink when the results swung wildly from test to test all done within a few mins. The AquaLink matches closely to what I get using my 5-way chemical test kit. I just can't check the cya without using these two tests.

Thats a pretty big difference.

If all you are interested in is a way to get rid of the foaming quicker, it has been suggested that you raise your FC to SLAM levels for your CYA, and that should help eat up the foam causing agent more quickly. You are guessing your CYA is about 120. According to the FC/CYA chart in Pool School, which only goes to CYA of 100, to SLAM you need a FC of 39. So, take your FC up a little higher than that for a few days and see if that decreases your foaming.

Then, when you are interested in maintaining your pool with minimal effort (and money!) get a good test kit and come back and hang with us.

Then, when you are interested in maintaining your pool with minimal effort (and money!) get a good test kit and come back and hang with us.
Ok, so I can only hang with you if I buy a kit that is recommended on this forum but not used by everyone?

As I said earlier I'm out of liquid chlorine and will be purchasing more ASAP.

This afternoon you say your CYA is 120ppm .......

Tonight you say the AquaLink is what you prefer to use, and it shows a CYA of 50ppm

Thats a pretty big difference.

I agree but that particular test goes from 50 to 100 with nothing in between. I just went with what was closest in the color chart to my strip. It's better than the 300 or 500 it used to be. I thought just the pucks jacked up the cya, I had no idea the powder shock packs had stabilizer too. Once I quit using them and went to straight chlorine it finally started going down.

Ok, so I can only hang with you if I buy a kit that is recommended on this forum but not used by everyone?

As I said earlier I'm out of liquid chlorine and will be purchasing more ASAP.

Of course not. You can hang anytime you want, but I'm not sure how much fun you are going to have when every interaction seems to upset you. I can assure you that no one has any intention of anything other than helping.

Of course not. You can hang anytime you want, but I'm not sure how much fun you are going to have when every interaction seems to upset you. I can assure you that no one has any intention of anything other than helping.

My reaction is no different than yours. You were having "fun" with your comment and so was I. What's the difference? I enjoy this forum for the wealth of info I've received dealing with a pool after buying a house. The only issue I have is when people refuse to help you unless you buy some special test kit. Millions of pool owners get by just fine without using them. I think the attraction of the test strips is pure simplicity. No need to add drops, stir, etc. just dip and get a result. It may not meet the accuracy level of the fancy kits but does lend some help when problems come up.

Actually, I wasn't having fun, just trying to be nice. I'm relatively new here... I have no skin in the game when it comes to the test kits.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.