Sand Filter Plumbed 180 out - remove sand from returns and polaris line?

Aug 24, 2016
madison, AL
Hello all, bought a house with a pool had to move the filter to accommodate a home addition, the pool co installed filter lines 180 out. The plumbing has been corrected but needless to say I have sand in all return lines and Polaris line. Its not pouring out but it is a steady fan on the floor in the mornings. And when I try to use my Polaris the inline filter clogs with sand after about 1min run time. Ive been vacuuming it out daily but would like to get it out the lines in one shot. Was thinking about jamming a garden hose down there to stir it up and get it out. Any ideas, I am approaching the pool co to get some or all of my money back, but really don't want their guys working on the fix. Stats pool is 16x32, plumbed with 1.5 PVC and a sand filter. Plumbing is kind of indirect due to the house addition.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the slow response.

I would think the pool pump flow should clear out the pipes fairly quickly. It is certainly much more flow that a garden how will provide.

How long have you need finding sand after the plumbing correction? If it has been a while, there is a chance that something might be displaced/broken in the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.