Green swim club

ntobik

Jul 31, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
On one of my daily running routes I pass a nearby swim club. Today I noticed club members relaxing and swimming in a beautiful emerald green pool, I couldn't believe it. The diving pool was extremely cloudy and the main pool outright green.

Maybe they liked the Rio look and were trying to imitate it?

Regardless I'm thankful for the TFPC route. I came back and jumped into my crystal clear pool to cool down.

Commercial/public pools are gross, there's just no getting around it. They are often poorly maintained and probably the source of a lot of disease transmission. I belong to a local tennis club that has a gym and a pool. The pool is used all season, especially for water aerobics. The pool plaster surface is crumbling and nasty looking and the water is NEVER clear. It always has that nasty chloramine smell. The funny part is that it is an outdoor pool that is uncovered all of the time. It is out in the open and in direct sun all day long so it gets plenty of UV light. Even so, with all of that UV available to destroy DBPs, the chloramine smell is obvious and pungent all the time.

I will never swim in that pool. PERIOD.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.