Rookie mistake

Jun 23, 2016
Kuna Id
So a neighbor of mine asked me some advice about his pool, same size as mine, because it was turning green and smelling like a pond. So I gather up all my tools and science that you guys have taught me and had his pool cleaned balanced and chlorinated correctly in about 2 hours. Feeling proud of myself and sharing the knowledge you have shared I head home and give my pool a quick vacuuming that it was in need of, we live out in the country and get lots of debris floating in. A couple days later and I have a beautiful little algae bloom. I have taken care of it with a quick slam, brushing and vacuuming. My guess is I brought some of his original Green pool pond environment to my pool through my vacuum. Lesson learned? If you use any of your stuff in another body of water always thoroughly clean it with bleach. I might add that at the time this happened my chlorine levels were a little bit low because of a barbecue slash pool party.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.