Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: solar panels

1. Back To Top    #1

solar panels

hello,
    i just had my first ag pool installed and not knowing how the pump and all would sound (noise wise) the installer told me most people put it far away from were they'd be sitting (on a deck).
    i put it closer to the deck anyway and it turns out its not noisey at all. i would have put it closer had i known that b/c i have a roof over the deck that would be perfect for solar panels. if i buy them and put them on the roof the tubes are gonna be at least 30 to 35 ft. away from return and equipment is that a problem and are they worth it. i have a 24 foot round 54 inch rail height partially buried and so far this year its reached 78 with just sun and the avg. seems to be about 73-74 (im in eastern pennsylvania, lansdale pa). any help would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    mike
    Above ground 33 ft round 52 in. high
    Approx. 25000 gallons
    Hayward Dreamline Sand filter holds 250lbs sand
    Hayward CL-200 chlorinator
    Hayward 1.5 hp 67 GPM pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: solar panels

The distance won't be too much of an issue only that it will slow down water flow some which means longer run times.

As for if it is worth it or not, usually it is if you like warm water to swim in.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner