Where would you put Deck Jets?

Apr 20, 2016
Lexington, ky
We have a mountain pound shaped pool and I am having a hard time deciding where exactly we'd like our deck jets. Our slide, ladder and steps are all on the sides of the shape. We are getting four of the Pentair Deck Jet II. Also, how far do the jets shoot out?

207x2mp.jpg

Where I'd locate the jets would depend on the location of the house, your route to the pool, view from the home to the pool, patio at the pool .... just not enough information. Also do you want to have them all come together when they break the surface or are you looking at pairing them or having four individual streams. Lots of creative choices before you set them in concrete !! You might want to think about adding valves to them so as to control them independently for whatever effect you're going for.

You don't mention if you're going with a variable speed pump. That would give you more control as the pumps output will determine both height and distance along with the jets built in adjustability. Claimed height is about 10' max. but I can't find a distance in their literature. If I had to guess I think they make 15'/20' in most of the promotional photos in different installations. It's going to depend on how much water volume and pressure you can give them. They are rated up to 5GPM at 11ft of head.

We Have the Pentair IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pool Pump. I think we have decided to put one at each "corner" of the pool. Although I am still toying with the idea of three on one side (spread out near the hump) and one on the opposite side in the shallow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.