New Build in North Texas (Frisco)

My closing was delayed a week for scheduling reasons. It is rescheduled for tomorrow. In the mean time, someone showed up out of the blue and started working on the re-route of the electric cable in my yard. I didn't have time to get temporary fencing up for my dogs and my basset hound Max unwisely decided to explore the open ditch. One slip and he spent the next 2 hours in the bottom of a 3 foot ditch. Poor guy.

https://youtu.be/sNHpfCYBzwM

Aw, glad he's safe. But great video capture!

No, he was down there a couple of hours. We have a dog door so they come and go. When I got home they always greet me at the door, but this time Max didn't. So I knew something was wrong right away. Plus he is an older dog so there is always an extra worry with him. So we went looking and found him in the bottom of that ditch. He was a sad sight. Once we pulled him out he went straight to the water bowl. No harm done and he might be a little wiser. LOL.

Start of the dig. No need to be there all day, just get everyone started on the same page. Have a drawing hanging up inside a patio door or somewhere it can be seen so if there are questions, the drawing is right there, not back at the yard behind the seat of the service truck that didn't start that morning.
Gunite - ALL DAY - make sure it's right and then water it.
Plaster - Good to confirm plaster color and extras are on the truck and being added as needed. Also tile placement, if they aren't in before the plaster. The plaster crew set my toe tiles in the plaster.

And yes, I didn't follow any of this advice since I was 1500 miles away during the entire build . . . :)

Start of the dig. No need to be there all day, just get everyone started on the same page. Have a drawing hanging up inside a patio door or somewhere it can be seen so if there are questions, the drawing is right there, not back at the yard behind the seat of the service truck that didn't start that morning.
Gunite - ALL DAY - make sure it's right and then water it.
Plaster - Good to confirm plaster color and extras are on the truck and being added as needed. Also tile placement, if they aren't in before the plaster. The plaster crew set my toe tiles in the plaster.

And yes, I didn't follow any of this advice since I was 1500 miles away during the entire build . . . :)

Well this is easy for me! What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL Thanks E!

Have the painted the yard yet? If not I would be there for that. It might need to be tweaked a little.

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yippee! The day has finally come. Digging has commenced.

Preview_NVR_01_20160929_075008_188233453.jpg

Ok, the steel guys are finished. However, I think a pipe is in the wrong place. I am at work today watching the ongoings via my security cameras. As you can see from the 3D video I posted earlier, the curved bench has a pedestal on each end. Each pedestal has a scupper in it. So to me, the very uneducated eye, it looks like the pipe for the scupper on the right is not coming up inside of the pedestal as it is for the one on the left. I've left a message for my project manager to check it. But my OCD is going nuts right now. And it is only day 2 of the build.

Preview_NVR_01_20160930_114522_28382375.jpg

Ok, the steel guys are finished. However, I think a pipe is in the wrong place. I am at work today watching the ongoings via my security cameras. As you can see from the 3D video I posted earlier, the curved bench has a pedestal on each end. Each pedestal has a scupper in it. So to me, the very uneducated eye, it looks like the pipe for the scupper on the right is not coming up inside of the pedestal as it is for the one on the left. I've left a message for my project manager to check it. But my OCD is going nuts right now. And it is only day 2 of the build.

Preview_NVR_01_20160930_114522_28382375.jpg

My project manager got back to me. It turns out the pipe is in the wrong place. He said someone will be out first thing on Monday to fix it. It just goes to show that no matter how little or much you know about this stuff, don't be afraid to point something out if it doesn't look right. You might be wrong 99% of the time, but that one time you are right might save you a lot of money and/or time.

My project manager got back to me. It turns out the pipe is in the wrong place. He said someone will be out first thing on Monday to fix it. It just goes to show that no matter how little or much you know about this stuff, don't be afraid to point something out if it doesn't look right. You might be wrong 99% of the time, but that one time you are right might save you a lot of money and/or time.

YES! Better to say something every time!

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.