new(ish) to the pool

Aug 1, 2016
springhill fl
hello all. i posted about a week ago, didnt quite understand how the forum worked. my oops. so, heres the deal, yes, im the 1 that the landlord didnt want to pay for a resurfacing, so he just paid to have it painted. it seems so far so good. but here is my question. since it is painted with insul-x acrylic pool paint, over the original surface, after some bare concrete spots were patched, etc. are the same levels of water chemistry for a regular plaster/marcite pool the same if its painted? here are the results from 2 pool stores, seeing how my room mate is still waiting for the real test kit.
FAC 4 PPM
TAC 4 PPM
CH 130
CYA 40
TA 130
pH 7.6

1) i added about 16 ounces of muriatic acid to help the TA, then read that w/ a painted pool, the dry acid powder was better to use. did i mess up?

2) i see that the recommended CH is between 200-400, my level is again 130, but with a painted pool, is that ok or?

3) HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
hopefully my pool siuze etc is in my signature part. if not, again, its 10x25 3' to 6'

The type of acid is irrelevant and liquid HCL (muriatic acid) is preferred. Even though painted, you should use guidelines for the type of pool you have. It won't be long before the paint gives way, perhaps a season or two, maybe three. In any event you should treat it as a cement/plaster pool.

Most importantly here, Acid is added to adjust pH first, so you shouldn't be adding it to tweak the TA. It will change naturally as a result of reducing pH but pH should be your focus. You'll need to watch that closely with a high TA 130 but we can help with that as well. Please take some time and review pool school again, and begin first with the ABCs. When you have a good grasp of the basics and a good kit, along with a feel for how your pool behaves you can look at manipulation of the TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.