Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick fix for yummy grilling.........cajun injector

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick fix for yummy grilling.........cajun injector

I have used the cajun injector about 4-5 times with pretty good success. Basically, your just injecting the meat with one of several different flavor marinades. Kinda like a IM shot for us medical types. I used this on a turkey (killer) and chicken breasts. I think it's best to buy "skin-on" chicken and shoot it under the skin deep into the meat. the skin tends to hold in the liquid. You can pull the skin off after cooking if you are the skinless type. This has been a quick and easy fix for really moist chicken when time chunched for brine or marinade.
    Anyone else using the injector? Any favorite injector marinates or techniques? We really like the teriyaki and honey.
    Cal C.

22k ig vl, hayward 2sp northstar, hayward pro series sand filter, aqua logic ps-8 wireless controls with swg, hayward (eus) heat pump, polaris 280 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Injectors, oooooohhh yeah!!!!! I have injected alot. Not only for grilling but also when Frying Turkeys

Tony Chachere creole mix
    Garlic
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cayenne Pepper
    Butter

You have to make sure, it does not clump up on you because it will clog the injecter.

The injecter also works quite well for spiking watermelons. All you need is a lit candle (hot wax) to seal the hole you made with the needle. Then, throw it in the pool and let it chill.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

Great tip for the watermelons!! what's your favorite "spike"?
    Cal C.

22k ig vl, hayward 2sp northstar, hayward pro series sand filter, aqua logic ps-8 wireless controls with swg, hayward (eus) heat pump, polaris 280 cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4
    As I stand up, hands on my hips and I raise my right leg up... Captain Morgan's Rum. I have tried other alcohol but just keep coming back to the Rum. :thumbs up:
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5

We always inject our turkeys-but learned the hard way to use herbs and spices that will not clog the injector. They come out so moist and flavorful.

I love the idea of spiked watermelons! We will certainly try that!
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

6. Back To Top    #6

Very interested in the spiked watermelon idea. How much rum do you use? Does it evenly distribute in the fruit? How long does it need to sit before you cut it open?
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.