Need help with pool badly

Aug 7, 2016
tehachapi
So I bought a little 10x30 above ground pool a few weeks ago for out at my mother's. About a week ago it turned green so I read a few things online and ended up shocking it and it turned blue but cloudy...a few days later all the dirt and dust settled at the bottom and the water was clear except for the sediment at the bottom. I fashioned a vacuum out of a garden hose and began the slow.process if cleaning it out I got about 70% of it out I'm going back today to take out more. So that's that part of the problem. Now I took bleach out there the other day to add chlorine but when I tested it the ph and alkalinity were way too high so when I got to vacuum today I'm going to take some MA with me as well to bring it down but I don't really know the process in which to balance this out or to even get my pool OK in the first place... please help as of last reading when I was out there it's

FC 0
pH 8.4
TA 180
CH 100
CYA 50

Use the guide piolin posted. Test strips are really not good because you think it is better than nothing but it isnt. We have seen lots and lots of people make their pools worse, not better, by using bad information from pool stores and test strips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.