Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: auugghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

auugghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** **** ****!!! bought a new 24'x52" metal frame intex. put it up, filled it.....rain, rain, rain....it's now sinking in mud so we empty as its not level....put it too the side to do MORE groundwork and dog runs up and bites about a 1/2" gash in the bottom of the pool. we have had nothing but issues but pushin onward. went to buy another liner from intex...out of stock..but of course for likely 2 weeks. ready to cry...lol. so what are the chances of a patch actually working? all this water..all that pressure????? is it gonna hold? practically on a seam no less. i haven't even gotten a toe wet yet and about 1300.00 into it. would someone please give a female some decent news, something i can at least attempt without having 15000 gal o water dumped in the yard? HELP PLEASE!!!!!
    ~David~
    Resilience SCC25 SWG, 14,585 gallons includes overflowing Jacuzzi, Rock Waterfall, Sand, IG, Pebble, Hayward Supra II 2 hp, Hayward S311SXV with 2" pipes (Sticker = GPM =99, user manual GPM = 80).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: auugghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A properly applied patch will hold just fine for many years. Patches don't usually last as long as the liner would if it wasn't patched, but then you just patch them again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!

If you haven't put the pool back up yet, put a patch on the outside as well as the inside

If you need tips on applying the patches, I've got some posted here or you can just ask how to do it 8)

The pool will be fine once it's patched and on level ground
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

oh wow guys thanks so much you are awesome for just giving me a lil glimmer of hope!! in missouri so not that much time to enjoy and we are burnin daylight!! those tips would be great as i wanna do the best i can. i have a friend who worked in a tire shop who offered to help. i'm so excited!! i had the easyset last year and it was the most calming thing!! i even enjoyed cleaning it...lol. so yup a great big fat thanks and more if'n it works!! Linda
    ~David~
    Resilience SCC25 SWG, 14,585 gallons includes overflowing Jacuzzi, Rock Waterfall, Sand, IG, Pebble, Hayward Supra II 2 hp, Hayward S311SXV with 2" pipes (Sticker = GPM =99, user manual GPM = 80).

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey waste!!! where are these tips. i'm lookin but not quite sure where yet??
    ~David~

6. Back To Top    #6

bump.....still looking for tips on this repair job!
    ~David~

7. Back To Top    #7

Check here... hole-in-vinyl-liner-how-to-repair-it-t6656.html?hilit=boxer%20100

The Boxer stuff is great. No need to empty the pool. I just patched a tear with it. Thanks, by the way, Waste. Was so proud of myself this season... opened myself to crystal clear water, swimming a week before Memorial Day...but it seems I forgot to put the plastic caps on the feet of the ladder!
    Andrew
    25,000 gal IG Vinyl - PoolPilot SC48 SWG - Sta-Rite 1HP/System3 CF - AquaCal HeatPump - TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

ordered some boxer 100 and patches and thinking about putting one inside and out....carefully..lol NO DOGS ALLOWED!! ready to fill this sucker as soon as the patch is set and ground professionally leveled!! thanks so much. should b good till time to regulate water. i do happen to work as an lab tech in a water treatment plant so i hope that will help. and we recently switched from chlorine gas to generating our own sodium hypo, cool process for real. take care all and have FUN!!
    ~David~

9. Back To Top    #9

still waitin on patch kit and bumupin this up for myself...lol
    ~David~