How to add DE to pool

I little back story…… I'm new to owning a pool and have been doing a good job at maintaining it, thanks to poolmath. After about three month I noticed my pool return had no pressure. I called the pool guy so he could show me how to clean my DE filter and add new material. This is where my pool experience has gone downhill. After he put it back together and left I had DE in the bottom of my pool. I called him back and he told me I had a hole in one of my grids. He came out inspected and replaced 2 of the 11 grids. I have no idea how he saw any holes because I sure didn’t. I still have DE in my pool. I have ordered a set of 11 new grids that I am going to install. I know I need to premix the DE into a slurry and add to the skimmer. I know I need to add 3.7lbs of DE. What I do not know is how much DE and water do I use to make the slurry. I have a 5 gallon bucket can mix it in I just didn’t know how much to mix together, how fast I should poor it in, and how long I should wait in between each bucket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.