First pool, THIRD day, TF tests results

Water looks perfectly clear and sparkly....I know it will get better when I add boric acid, but that is for next season.

This morning's test results
FC 4
PH 7.4
TA 240
CH 425
CYA 25

I've only been adding two chemicals to the pool...liquid chlorine and CYA. I've been adding the exact amount of chlorine Poolmath suggests, and only half of the recommended CYA. I've been using the sock in front of the return meathod. With the warmer water, it seems to dissolve rather quickly.
I'm fearful of a delayed reaction and a "red zone" CYA level. I'm creaping up on the CYA.

Just thought I'd share what I interpret to be good numbers.

From a FC/CYA sanitation perspective, you are doing well. Just make sure to keep at least a 30 minimum for your CYA and continue to keep the FC in that 4-5 range. Nice.

For vinyl pools we normally don't get too wrapped-up in CH (especially low CH) since there's no concerns for maintaining plaster. But even in a vinyl pool you should be aware of your elevated levels, especially when TA and CH are elevated together. Your CSI level based on current pH/TA/CH is about 0.53. Often times folks in your area have fill water with a naturally high TA content, so they have to use the acid/aeration method as see on the Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity page to help bring it down. That may be something you will want to consider at some point. I would recommend looking at lowering your TA to the 70-80 range as time permits. By keeping the pH a little lower as you are now it also helps to counter that elevated TA/CH combo.

Good job using that TF-100. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.