Dead mouse

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Hi all

Just found a dead mouse in my pool. I think it was probably less than two hours in the water, if that. What steps, if any should I take? Dump some chlorine, jack up the SWG output? I am having a pool party this weekend, so don't want to take any drastic measures that would upset chemistry too much!

Advice appreciated :)
Tom

Hi all

Just found a dead mouse in my pool. I think it was probably less than two hours in the water, if that. What steps, if any should I take? Dump some chlorine, jack up the SWG output? I am having a pool party this weekend, so don't want to take any drastic measures that would upset chemistry too much!

Advice appreciated :)
Tom

Been there. The natural advice would be to check your FC and make sure you aren't below target. The instinctive thing I would do?......add a gallon of bleach to my pool......but that's just me.

Can you post up test results to confirm you're within range for your CYA?

Right now i am running pump and SWG at 100%. I only have enough juice for one more cya test. At the time it was low, at 26 ppm. I adjusted up last week to a cya level of 50 ppm. Latest FC test is 5 ppm, with 0 CC. However (don't hate me yet...) i only have the DPD kit right now. Will get FAS kit for next season...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Wait...i adjusted up to a cya of 40 ppm. I need to retest to confirm, but it should be in the 40 ppm range right now (not 50 ppm, despite prev post)...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Hi all

Just found a dead mouse in my pool. I think it was probably less than two hours in the water, if that. What steps, if any should I take?
That depends on how you like to serve your mice? Do you prefer grilled, boiled or steamed?:eek:

I wouldn't worry as I am guessing there are more germs on the humans in your pool than the rodents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.