Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2016
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've owned this house for 3 years now, and am finally this year getting a handle on my pool myself after wasting money on a barely there pool service. Our pool is 20x45 with attached spa and goes from 42" to 120" deep. It was built in 1988 and had all the equipment upgraded in 2009 including Pentair automation.

Last weekend I purchased a Dolphin Active 30i cleaner for the pool, and today had the leak detection company come out and pinpoint the latest leak (which is good for 200 gallons a day), coming from the spa pipes.

Glad this forum exists as I have learned so much already, and my wife is enjoying looking at all the pool builds for inspiration on our future pool redesign.

Thanks,
David

HI there! SO glad you found us!

Have you been doing much reading to find out how we help you take care of your own pool? Look in my siggy below for some very important links to teach you the whys and how of TFP.

How are you testing your water? I can point you to a good test kit of your own as we have found that the pool $tores cannot be relied on :(

:kim:

HI there! SO glad you found us!

Have you been doing much reading to find out how we help you take care of your own pool? Look in my siggy below for some very important links to teach you the whys and how of TFP.

How are you testing your water? I can point you to a good test kit of your own as we have found that the pool $tores cannot be relied on :(

Hi Kim. I am using the Taylor K-2006 test kit. It took a few tries but I have the hang of it.

My biggest problem now is TA is at 180. pH is good at 7.5 and FC is good too now that I have 10% chlorine from Ace hardware. Tomorrow I will get some Muriatic acid for the TA.

Pool photo
IMG_0157.jpg

It will be helpful in the future if you added your test kit in your siggy.

We have a link for lowering the TA:

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

The most important part of this is learning what YOUR likes. What you are looking for it where does your PH like the TA? Take the TA down to 90 and see what the PH does. If the PH keeps jumping up then take the TA down to 80 and see what the PH does.

Once your PH stops jumping around for a few days in a row you will know you have found YOUR pool's TA sweet spot.