New to pool life?!? Help

Foofer

Jul 24, 2016
Traverse City Mi
Hi all....first off I love this forum been addicted for weeks while we've been setting up our pool... Here's my 1st dilemma... bought and installed our liner, but we seem to have extra , I have pix will post those.. We r using the shop vac technique but we create such a vacuum that we aren't getting anywhere...and I'm wondering when we fill will the extra liner just all go away??? We have now wrinkles on he bottom and have about 1" 1/2 of water in now... Water truck won't come until Monday ... We have beaded liner

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Not so sure on how best to address the extra liner material, but I will say that it would be in your best interest to definitely remove as much of the wrinkles and "folds" at the bottom as possible. Do it now before you fill. If not, those wrinkles will be a safe haven for algae. Other replies should follow. Great to have you with us.

Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

So next time you're in Photobucket, open the pic you want then click once on the "IMG" code to the right. It should say "Copied", then paste it here like this:

- - - Updated - - -

I would keep trying to work on those wrinkles. They'll be troublesome later collecting dirt and potentially harboring algae.

How much wrinkling is on the other side of the pool?

If there is not any, you need to move the liner over towards the other side. That's way too much wrinkling in one area.

I'm not sure if this will apply, but here it is anyway...

When I put the liner in my fish ponds, the first thing I do is try to get as many of the wrinkles out on the bottom. Then as I fill it, I will work on the wrinkles on the sides. Making sure that the bottom is flat and the 'corner' between the bottom and the side has a smooth transition will make cleaning easier. Pond liners are a bit thicker then pool liners but I would think the general process should still apply.

That's 1-1/2 inches of water? Sorry, I can't see the waterline. It almost looks like it is filled. I just can't tell and I hope it's not filled yet!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I remember you saying you are trucking in water on Monday. I still can't see the waterline, though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the help everyone and Texas splash for the pic help...We have no wrinkles on the bottom (woo hoo) just excess on the sides which have nowhere to go..pretty much all the way around... Which makes me think I bought the wrong size but Our pool is 15x30x52" and I bought the corresponding size... Maybe I should have went smaller on the depth...we acquired the pool with all its bells and whistles for free just had to buy the liner... And believe me when I say I researched till I was dreaming in my sleep about liners.... Soo I measured twice and ordered once... Can we go from a beaded liner to a overlap with this liner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.