PoolingAround's get it right the first time thread!

This is driving me nuts. I've added a gallon of muriatic acid and my ph still wont drop below 8.2. Just keep adding?

uqAGDXO.jpg

Test, add, mix for 15 mins. repeat until you get it down to 7.8. It will be a battle but you must win it!

Once you get it down to 7.8 then you know you are close. I am guessing it is even higher like Caco says.

:kim:

I don't turn off the pump to move Jandy style valves. My Solartouch also moves the valve with the pump on. I haven't seen a recommendation to do so. The only time that I am aware of that it is important to turn off the pump is when moving the valve on a sand filter or DE filter.

New numbers! How does it look? Keep in mind this is still a chlorinated pool.

PH - 7.8
FC - 3
CC - 0
CH - 325
TA - 70
CYA - 40

It looks like by me trying to fight this PH battle I've lowered my TA too much. Pool math says to add baking soda but since I will be adding salt within the next week should I just leave it at 70?

Also, Poolmath says my calcium hardness is too high and I need to replace 20% of the water. Is that really necessary?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.