New pool - Long Island, New York

Update: pavers are done. Now ready for the landscaping.

4b3d11591cdc2fae9440b97c0f5e8a55.jpg
6e1af8af45663dbb61ba0306bed2bdef.jpg
0bcb978cb59de8b27cf46024d3a2a40d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the small stone wall you have there on the far side of the pool. Nice pavers too. Sad that you lost all your plants :(

Have you considered pressure washing/staining the fence before you get new plants in? Now would be the time to do it so you're not climbing all over them.

Where in L.I. are you?

Yip :flower:

Thank you. We plan on replacing the fence with a new pvc fence. We are happy with the wall too. Originally we were going to put in a rock water falls. Pool builder suggested the wall. The wall has 3 shear decent water features and helps with the difference in grade. We are in Farmingdale.

Hi...I really love the look of your pool and patio. Congrats on what has been accomplished so far! I'm also in LI, I'm using same PB and my build is about to start. Similar to your pool, we plan on going with only coping along our fence line. Are you concerned at all about the height of the dirt along the coping? It seems to be a little higher than the pool ledge...will that possibly lead to dirt running into pool in heavy rains..even after some plantings are done? Or will landscaping lower the level of the dirt? This is something I'm concerned about for my situation. Thanks.

Hi pool novice,

Thank you. We have been very happy with the builder and they have been ahead of schedule. I was concerned about the grade too. As the deep end grade is 8" higher than the pool. That is the reason we went with the wall. Grade drops down on the back side leading to the steps. Even with the heavy rain we had no run off. We did do some water management with a drain and dry well to help. My back yard is mostly sand so water drains quickly. Landscaping will be kept below coping and incorporate some large boulders which should also help. Good luck with your build. In my experience your in good hands.
07b6f8650d72ac3383671c2f5ac7169b.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.