In a mans world

MelissaAZ

In The Industry
Jul 16, 2016
Tucson
Hello all... I have been hooked on pools for the last 5 years (I know it's not long) and hooked on you here for 4.75 years;). I am a service technician for a custom pool builder in Arizona and proudly so, this is the opportunity of a lifetime and I am so new I'm praying you all will help me make that statement true. I am the service department, it's me now I service (clean) around 70 pools 4 days a week and provide technical support 1 day and as needed. The majority of our pools are new, 3 years max and they are also 90% salt pools which is new to me having little experience with salt systems. There's a lot of pressure and the fact that I'm a girl in a male dominated field makes me very selective in the facts I quote and believe. I have to be twice as certain that I'm right or risk being "that girl" and dismissed entirely. Your forum is my go to. And I'm greatful for all of the amazing people who contributed there years and years in this industry so a "gal" like me can get this far.

Last edited:
Go Melissa! Welcome and good to have you here :)

Hope you've hooked up with frustatedpoolmom who's an inspiration as well.

Join the club and become a supporter. It's a modest one-time tax deductible donation that helps us keep the lights on around here. No pressure, but it's how we run.

All the best to you, and I bet your pools are great examples!!