DIY LED nicheless lights

Sep 13, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I have 3 nichless 1.5" fiber optic lights in place, but they just barely give enough light to tell that they are on if you look directly in to them, they give no light into the pool what-so-ever. Replacing the fiber strands would be expensive and still not give great light i hear. Im building a parts list for 4 channel LED Pool lights. It would use three XML LED multichips. 4 channel WRGB (white, red, blue, green) on one LED star. 4 dimmable drivers, to dim each channel individually. Conduit will be wet, so good for cooling, bad because with will need a complete seal. I going to need 3 round heatsinks as backplates small enough to go into I.D. of 1.5" pipe. Then some clear acrylic tubing to seal to the heatsink, and acrylic sheet to cap the tubing.

Anyone done anything like this?

Generally, unless a light is listed for pool use the National Electrical Code prohibits its use in a pool.

Fiber stars makes replacement led lights. Pentair and Jandy make nichelss lights that can often replace fiber optic lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.