installation Iqualink yourself on a new construction

May 15, 2011
Upstate New York
Guys

I am having an IGP installed in late august on a budget. I really want some automation and have been looking at the jandy IAqualink. I have been reading threads of people who upgraded their old aqualink system on their own with no problem. My question is can I install a system by myself and if so how. I have read alot of the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward but sometimes that scares me when it looks too easy for something that should be complicated. I am having the pool guy install the Jandy VS Pump and lights. Then I am installing the Jandy Heater, and Jandy Aquapure SWG. I will not have a spa. Any help on which system to buy would be helpful too. I was looking at the IQ904-PS but I don't know from there do I need another power center for the Aquapure etc. Thank you for anyones help.

Did you know that in order to protect your warranty (3 years) all equipment needs to be installed by a professional? I'm not sure what the warranty would be if you do it yourself, but definitely not 3 years.

No I do not but my pool company in one of the biggest in the area and has only done 1 automation control system so far and he told me they are still working the bugs out so I do not know if i trust them to do it with it anyways. And the money I will save I would be ok with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.