Major's first swimming pool, getting the chemistry right. (Hopefully)

FC higher than 10 usually results in a higher PH test, but not always, sometimes higher FC can bleach the test or something and give low results. I have experienced both with my PH test.

I rinse my vials with pool water and put them back in the box.

Good morning,

My latest SLAM test results are:

7-17-16
FC 14.5 <-----added 46 oz of 10% chlorine
CC 0.5

FC 16.5
CC 0.0

FC 16.0
CC 0.5

FC 12.0 <----loss of 4 ppm, sunny day with 7 swimmers for 5 or 6 hours
CC 0.5

added 128 oz of 10% chlorine (pool math suggested 124 oz, but I'm lazy and it's easier to just pour the whole jug in.)

FC 17.5 <----- overshot the goal of 16 because of that extra 4 oz I guess
CC 0

this morning, before sunrise

7-18-16
FC 16.5
CC 0
water is very clear.

:confused:So I'm done with SLAM, right?

:confused:So now I let my chlorine get back down to 7, never letting it drop below 3, and enjoy my trouble free pool :cool:?

:confused:I can start adjusting the TA as soon as the FC level is below 10, with MA and aeration?

:confused:It's ok to use Cal-Hypo 68% (I happen to have a 50# bucket of this from my last visit to the pool store) as my chlorine source, while I'm trying to increase my CH to 50 or 60?

:confused:According to pool math, adding 50# of Cal-Hypo 65% will increase my CH by 7, mine is 68% which is not an option in pool math. How do I determine how much that extra 3% strength will add?

:confused:Can I increase CH at the same time that I'm decreasing TA?

(eating pop-tarts and drinking coffee while refreshing this page)

:):)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.