Algae Bloom

Jun 14, 2016
Austin Texas
I have been using this method for about a month with great results however I had to leave town for a few days and my chlorine dropped to 2.5 (min is 5 with my cya of 65). I raised it back up to 8 however I can see algae on one of the walls. Can a quick drop below the min FC level cause an algae bloom as it seems like this popped up fast? Do I need to SLAM? If so, should I start now or wait till the sun goes down as I am in central texas and we are getting full sun and 100 degrees in afternoon?

Edit...my ph was also 8-8.2 when I checked this morning and I have since dropped that to 7.4. Does this have any effect on how quickly algae can bloom?

Thanks

Yes, a drop below minimal opens the door to the green monster. SLAM now! Don't wait. Adjust pH to 7.2 first, then crank that FC up to your FC SLAM level and go! The sooner the better. Maintain that FC level until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria (link below). Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.