Chemical balance advice for recently filled pool

I had a follow up question. How accurate is the pool calculator? Based on the estimated pool volume app I have, it shows my pool is 13,469 gallons.

Yesterday I began the slam process and was at 1.0ppm in FC so the pool calculator suggested I put 202oz of 12.5% liquid chlorine in my pool to get it to the 16ppm Shock target. I tested it about an hour after and it was at 17ppm. This morning when I tested again, it was all the way up to 20ppm (most likely because the water hadn't moved enough?). Either way, it's well above the 16ppm calculation.

After messing around with the pool calculator, based on the amp my of chlorine and my current readings, would my pool size be more closer to 11,000 gallons?

I hope I was clear enough in my explaination. Please let me k ow if you need more info.

CYA - 40
TA - 150
pH - 7.6 (as of this AM)

Are you using the PoolMath link at the top of the page? That is very accurate, thousands of people have been using it for many years and it is just math. I would suspect many other variables first.

First test accuracy
How well was the water mixed
Percentage strength of the chlorine added
Amount of chlorine added
Second test accuracy
How well was the water mixed the second time
Third test accuracy
How well was the water mixed
Pool volume gallons

Keep testing and adding and also see how other tests work, like PH and acid additions, to dial in the pool volume. Does the PoolMath volume calculator agree with the app you are using?

I definitely had to play around with pool math and work backwards from what I added and what I ended up testing in order to come up with the correct gallons in my pool. The pool boy told me that we had a 35k gallon pool. Pool math tells me I have 20k. My testing results confirms this. Just keep playing with it, and you will figure it out!

Good luck!

I believe I'm finally getting the hang of everything, did a SLAM until I lost only 0.5ppm of FC so I believe I'm good. Here are my current test results:

CH: 200ppm
CYA: 30
FC 5.0ppm (I'll test again in the evening)
CC: 0
pH: 8.0
TA: 150

Clearly, the biggest issue I'm having is tied to both pH and TA. I'm adding MA every so often to lower it, I've gotten down to 7.2 before to get my TA lower, but it just doesn't seem to work as my pH rises back up to 7.8-8.0. I'm using the HASA branded MA which is 31.5%...

My pool is 100% exposed to sunlight for 6-10 hours a day so my FC drops 3-4ppm daily.

Any issues from the above readings outside of the pH and TA?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.