Pool Heater Location - Pentair 125

Jul 8, 2016
Covington, KY
Hello. We are having a new pool installed with heater. The Pentair installation documentation says not to install it within 36" of air conditioning unit. The contractor installed it within 12", but it is vented on the opposite side. I cannot find any other manufactures requiring this clearance, so how necessary it this? My A/C unit is elevated, so am not sure if that helps. I do have about 12-16" on the left that it could be moved, but wanted to get some thoughts.

Thank you,

poolheat.JPG

Not only do you need to be concerned about the manufacturer requirements, you should also be concerned about any city or county code requirements as well. I usually keep it 36" away from the AC regardless of the exhaust location. So in other words, where you have 12", I would have the 36". But again, what city or county codes do you have that might dictate where the unit can reside. If you don't have any well then you are lucky and can put it where ever you want then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.