CYA 50
FC 8
Ph 7,4
TA 120

I've read 125-150 (pool store)
I've read 60-120 (on here)
I've read 80-120 (test kit)
I've ready 80-200 (website)

What would you guys say and what range would you use when you actually start doing something about to lower/raise it.
And what direction does Alkalinity usually drift over time, lower or higher?

For a pool of your type, TA could be anywhere from 50 to above as noted on the TFP Recommended Levels chart (link below). The key is finding a level (let's say 60-70 for example) that once achieved, helps keep your pH from rising too fast. TA will usually rise when you have to add fresh water to the pool from summer evaporation if your source water is slightly elevated. Some places do a have a lower TA value, but most water supplies seem to be slightly elevated. Every pool is different, so as long as your pH doesn't go crazy high quickly, don't worry too much about it. FYI - My pool's happy TA zone is 50-60.

If TA falls below 50, it's probably time to increase it a little. But as far as it being 120, no need to worry unless it is effecting your pH. By that I mean if your pH rises too quickly each week, then you may want to lower TA a little at a time, otherwise just leave it alone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.