Liquid pool cover

Blowout

May 13, 2012
San Jose, CA
I came across Heatsavr liquid pool cover and picked some up to try... so far no difference in temperature. Thought the skimmer might remove the product from the system, but according to the manufacturer a 25% added amount should create equilibrium and the skimmer will not effect performance.

Pool is 16 x 38 = 608 sq/ft surface area

Dosage 4oz per 400 sq ft surface area.

Added 8oz - the 25% overage manufacturer recommendation should have been met.

Initially a film covers the surface of the pool. Next morning skimmer had accumulation of Heatsavr. redistributed from skimmer into pool. Next day no material in skimmer.

Temperature 84F before, 84F after 3 days. I'm going to add a more and check temp again.

Have others tried the Heatsavr product with success?

From the posts I have seen it's not a total waist but not very effective if you live in a windy area. I would think the same would apply if you run your pump 24/7 anything that moves the surface on a regular basis is going to disrupt that micro thin layer and the product will not work as well as it would on a perfectly still surface.

System runs about 9 hrs a day and was expecting reduced heat loss at night. We have tall redwood fences around the yard so wind isn't a big issue.

I was looking for an alternative to a traditional cover that's not such an eyesore. Also want to reduce evaporation.

Added another 2oz to boost coverage yesterday morning. I'll keep monitoring temps.

Day 4
Before Heatsavr:
84F day

After Heatsavr:
84F

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.