AGP Leg Replacement

Jul 3, 2016
Havelock, NC
So, I just got my Intex 26' x 52" Above Ground Pool assembled, filled and clear two days ago. Wouldn't you know it, somehow one of the legs is now bent in the middle. Did someone kick off it (or jump out of the pool over it)? Are more legs likely to bend as well due to my failure to put the legs on concrete pavers? The feet are digging into the ground and the pool liner pushing out in the middle of the legs. I'm thinking I have got to get the pavers installed, but how to do it without draining all or most of the 14,667 gals? I imagine I can brace the pool until the new leg gets here, but how do I raise the pool enough, or dig under enough to install the new leg?

I'm beginning to think that I might as well brace the bad leg, enjoy the pool for as long as it stands and when at last it fails or falls, then, drain it and fix the paver issue. But how will it fail? Will it destroy the liner? Will it damage more legs? Will it flood my backyard? Any thoughts?

Also, if I choose to drain now and fix and refill, is it likely that the city will give me another break on sewer fees for the refill?

:confused:

Sounds like that one leg has a firmer footing than the rest and bent as the others settled.

The rest of the walls buckling sounds like they aren't moving with the legs. You have 125,000lbs resting on no footings
you are unlikely to ever get all the pavers equally level and likely have future issues with the liner wrinkling

I'd recommend draining and correctly installing from scratch

In my County you can have the sewer break every year, just call and ask...

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.