Vacuum Hose Conversion Coleman

Jun 30, 2016
Arnaudville
How did u hook up the vacuum without a skimmer... I'm having serious issues.. due to the fact that most vacuums hook up to a skimmer..my sand pump has a small basket on the motor part but how could I connect the two. I'm confused ��

mod note: thread split from here, Hose Conversion Problem - Coleman 16' x 48 and Best Choice Products Pump/Sand Filter

I purchased an 18 x 52 Coleman pool from Walmart and a Clear Bay (I think) sand filter/pump from Leslie's Pool. The instructions that came with the new sand filter/pump had me in tears. I had to quit trying and go back to it the next day. I went to Lowes and found a few parts to get it connected. The T is leaking a bit but I did the best I could without knowing a darn things about what I'm doing. Good luck!

That's what I feared. I'm still interested in any solutions that anyone might have.

Does anyone have any experience hard plumbing an above ground pool? If so, what sort of a PVC connection will work to hook up an in-pool auto-vacuum? That might not work either, but it's worth a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-500-A...2071044&sr=8-7&keywords=swimming+pool+sweeper

71kiL6rsttL._SL1500_.jpg

If you don't have a skimmer, you should be able to shove the vac hose right into the inlet fitting, which is underwater. I've changed my inlet and outlet fittings to hayward brand, but I connect my vac right to the inlet and it works better than attaching in the skimmer.You must unscrew the screen on the inlet first,if you have one on the inlet.I don't know how to post pics, but on amazon for that vac,in comments is a pic of exactly what you need to do. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.