Need confirmation on a motor replacement

Apr 4, 2014
Alabama
I just bought a foreclosure with a pool that's been sitting vacant (covered thankfully) since October 2014. Here's a picture of the setup, you'll notice a HST110 1 hp motor (matches with UST1102) that is frozen up and corroded, as well as a booster pump that's also frozen. The cleaner is gone, so I'm not so worried about the booster pump now. I'll probably get a robotic eventually anway.
IMG_0332-M.jpg

I'm in south AL and we keep the pool open year round, so I'd like to upgrade to a dual speed motor. I've read as much as I can find on the forum and I'm hoping someone confirm that this motor http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00200017003498.htm will be compatible, and that I'll just need to wire in a 3-way light switch between the timer and the motor to control the Hi-Low feature of the motor? Everything I've read says that the SWG will function fine with the motor on low.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Bonus pic of the pool immediately after it's two year "unveiling".

IMG_0673-M.jpg

IMG_0674-M.jpg

The HST110 and the UST1102 are both up rated motors. The STS1102RV1 is a full rated motor so one size larger than you really need. It will work but you can also go with the correct size motor which is the STS1072RV.

The THP (Label HP * Service Factor) is the most important factor when sizing a motor.

I don't envy your clean up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.