Gold Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
El Paso, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok guys i have gone through various calculations, calculators, formulas but i was hoping i could get help! First of all here is a pic of my pool, i cant determine if its free form, oval, kidney or what! Anyhow i took the depth in 6 places and the average depth approximately 5.5ft. We were under the impression pool was 9ft deep but water comes up only to 7.5ft and shallow end 3.5ft.

Length of pool is 32ft
Width at deep end is 11ft
Width at shallow middle is 16ft
with at shallow end is 9.5

Can someone help me calculate this! I know we have gone thinking is 20,000 gallons all of this time, but all my calculations come out wayyyy shorter, thanks guys!

de3947285d70ac6a5f1c797ac5793803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, welcome to TFP! :wave:

Congrats on ordering your very own TF-100 testkit.

You can use the "Estimating pool volume" section in PoolMath. I could do it for you, but you will need to become familiar with PoolMath anyway - and there's no time like the present. :D
I'd use an average width of 11 feet, depth of 5.5 feet and the length you listed. Also, use the OVAL option for shape. That should be a good ballpark starting point - you can adjust up/down as needed based on careful additions of chemicals and testing 20-30 minutes later with your TF-100 to see if you attained your PoolMath calculated goals.

BTW - nice dog!

Hi, welcome to TFP! :wave:

Congrats on ordering your very own TF-100 testkit.

You can use the "Estimating pool volume" section in PoolMath. I could do it for you, but you will need to become familiar with PoolMath anyway - and there's no time like the present. :D
I'd use an average width of 11 feet, depth of 5.5 feet and the length you listed. Also, use the OVAL option for shape. That should be a good ballpark starting point - you can adjust up/down as needed based on careful additions of chemicals and testing 20-30 minutes later with your TF-100 to see if you attained your PoolMath calculated goals.

BTW - nice dog!

Thank you! Will do! And Sparky says thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.