Cost of concrete decking per sq ft?

In Austin, TX, I saw $5.50-6.50... most were around $6.50. Kool-Cote tried to give me a starting price of something crazy like $5 per sq ft (on top of the cost of the concrete I paid). They quickly came down to $1.85 (supposedly builder price). Note that kool cote is cheaper on new concrete since they don't have to grind it to make it level.

We interviewed like 5 patio guys. Don't recommend the craigslist approach. Ultimately, we found two great ways of identifying good concrete people: 1) recommended by our other contractors that we used, 2) does the concrete work for x, y, and z major builders. The guy we ultimately went with is well known in Austin, is used by the top builders, and has been in the business 20+ years (he was like 50 so he just oversaw the work).

In terms of amount of concrete, I recommend doing as much as you can. At the urging of TFP, we doubled our initial amount and are glad we did. I wouldn't want any more than we did because I still want to retain room for soccer with the kids, but I'm glad we upped it (800 sq ft vs ~400).
I see this is really old, but I'm in Austin too and wondering who you ended up with. I'm thinking of resurfacing my pitted concrete deck, that has a bunch of hairline cracks. Just need a good contractor that knows how to prep and seal cracks before applying either stamped or knockdown texture. I don't want anything peaking up or cracking in 2 years. In the process of getting a quote from neighborhood recommendations. Hoping it's under $8/ft.

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.