Recommendations for Pool/Deck Ladder?

Mar 30, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Am currently building a deck (we're using composite wood, if that matters) right up to my above ground pool (24' x 54" round) and I'm looking for recommendations for a nice sturdy ladder that would attach to the deck and allow us to climb down into the pool. I'm really concerned about damaging the vinyl liner (as I've been reading reviews where people said this has happened to them) so any good brands or experiences with quality ladders would be helpful.

Also, would it be a good idea to get any sort of liner protector or corner protector for the ladder section of the pool just as a precaution?

For what it's worth, I have three little girls - ages 8, 5, & 2 - and they will most definitely be hanging on and playing on and by the ladder at least 30% of the time they're in the pool. A wider step would also be helpful for avoiding fights over who gets to sit on the steps!

You'd want a mat under the stairs, but we've had a mat since we were using the Intex ladder.

Kids just love blocking the stairs and then fighting over them. Having more open steps can help engineer the squabbling out of your pool. :angel:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.