What is this line and how do I get rid of it?

Nov 1, 2015
Katy, TX
This white line appears just above the water line in my hot tub and is most prominent when the hot tub is on I.e. The water is hot - see photo

I do not see this around my pool.

Image1466815474.790321.jpg

Test results from today:
pH 7.7
FC 6.5
CC 0.0
CH 225
TA 80
CYA 60

Can someone advise what causes this and how to get rid of it?

Thanks
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the white line is fairly level, it looks like calcium deposits. Although your CH level is in-range (and you do not want to lower it given your pool surface), I would lower the pH slightly (say to 7.5 at first) and see if that helps fade the line.

Since the white line is fairly level, it looks like calcium deposits. Although your CH level is in-range (and you do not want to lower it given your pool surface), I would lower the pH slightly (say to 7.5 at first) and see if that helps fade the line.

That is why this forum is so great. I would never have thought of that. I was planning on lowering pH a little anyway as my grand daughter and I have been having some stingy eyes that I was attributing to high pH

Thanks for the help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.