ATTN: Houston Peeps - CYA question

I am wondering if others in the Houston area ever have issues maintaining CYA levels UP. For years I've cared for my pool with the BBB method and it has always ran low CYA numbers (I've always had to add as needed). So this year I tried something different. In January, the CYA was pretty much non-existent, so I decided to start using TriChlor tabs as the sole primary source of chlorine. However, the levels never climbed up like I thought they would. Here we are, six months later and I can still see the dot at 30.

The weather has been crazy- much rain to high temperatures in a matter of days. The pool did overflow on one occasion but I don't think it was significant enough, plus the CYA levels never were over 30. I am not necessarily complaining (I know the problems that come with a high CYA), I'm just curious as to why this is happening.

20,000 gal. Pebble Tec
FC: 4
CC: 0
pH: 7.6
TA: 60
CH: 280
CYA: less than 30
Water Temp: 90
TFT FAS/DPD chlorine test
Taylor K2005 for everything else

Can you look up the amount of rain you've received since January? That will give you an idea of how much water was really
Added.
If you have an idea of how many tablets you've used, you can enter it in pool math to see how much it should have raised your CYA.

New pool, so not really a significant trend, but when the PB turned the pool over to me the CYA was at 90. In a couple of weeks after I started using bleach instead of pucks its come down to 30, but keep in mind that included several huge rainfalls. Not sure how it would do in drought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.