Solar Cover Reel for a Lazy L

Jun 23, 2016
MA
Does anyone have experience with using a solar cover and a reel in order to cover the longest portion of a Lazy L Pool. In other words I want to cover the 16 x 37 length of the pool with it being cut on an angle on the end where the cover attaches to the reel system. I bought a portable reel system that anchors into the deck. I am trying to find info on the best way to attach the cover to the reel system using the provided strapping. I am guessing I need to cut the straps at different lengths and also have the solar reel system be secured at the same angle as the far side wall of the pool. I am surprised how limited this information seems to be from the manufacturer of my solar reel. Has anyone seen any resources anywhere for this sort of a configuration?

Thanks for getting back to me, the manufacturer is sending me more strapping, they were supposed to include 36 feet but only included 22 to they are sending me an additional 22 feet.

So I think I am on the correct track that I need to use straps of different lengths in order to have the cover lay in the pool as opposed to on the deck at the end. Does the solar reel end up on what looks like a very odd angle in order for it to roll up straight?

it could, I might do it a little differant..

put your solar reel at the long end (top) of the L, attach the webbing there.. Then flip the bottom of the L over the top and roll the cover just like a rectangle pool :)

Yes ... my problem is the diving board is in the way and I bought a roller system that is too low to go over the diving board. Diving board always cause issues if we try to pull the cover over it so I am going to go at it from the other end. Must be a way I will find it. Thanks

ahhh, no issues, just do the same thing in reverse, fold the lower L over the top and then roll it up :) I can kind of see it in your pic on the left

Yes ... my problem is the diving board is in the way and I bought a roller system that is too low to go over the diving board. Diving board always cause issues if we try to pull the cover over it so I am going to go at it from the other end. Must be a way I will find it. Thanks
Can I ask you about the diving board? Does your insurance go up? Do you know if a slide is the same ins. Risk as a slide?

At one point my insurance agent told us that we needed to remove the diving board and so we did the next year he told us they wanted the slide gone. I told him to remove the insurance company and he did. We put the diving board back and still have the slide. It does not cost anything more than normal homeowners insurance. You just need to shop until you find a company that it sensible/fair on the topic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.