So, I'm an ignorant newbie that needs help...

Jun 23, 2016
Monterrey, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi guys, I'm Puro from Mexico, an ignorant newbie with a lame degree in business and not engineering.

So I need a lot of help. :D

I'm trying to calculate a filter and pump size for my new pool but I'm getting confused with al the wisdom here.

Lets see if with this simple info you guys can help me.

Pool is 7,500 gallons
In-ground
Rectangular shaped 19'x12'x4.5'
Pump will be 27 feet far from the edge of the pool
Goal is to cycle the water two times a day in 8 hours

And my next question would be if I could pair a sand filter with a variable speed pump (an installer told me that i NEED a cartridge filter if I want a VS pump)

THANKS GUYS!!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Pump size: Basically as small as you can go and achieve the desired flow rates. No spa or water features? Then a 1HP 2-speed is plenty of one of the smaller 1.5HP VS pumps.

Filter type: your installer does not know what they are talking about. You can use any filter type with a VS pump.

Filter size: These are my suggested minimum sizes for your size pool:
Cartridge: 100sqft ... big is better (fewer cleanings)
Sand: 16" diameter ... again bigger is better.

Also note there is no need to "cycle" water, especially 2 times in 8 hours ... although that flow rate is easily achievable.
Check out: Determine Pump Run Time

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.