Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Just purchased the Active 30i from Mariana for $899. Simple, easy, and fast. They already have sent FedEx tracking info. My question involves warranty registration (I live in MS and am not local to Mariana in CO obviously). Did anybody have a problem registering the warranty? Has anybody had a problem getting warranty work done by their local shop? I was told it should not be an issue since this was a phone order and not an internet order. Thanks.

@waterlogged
Yes i bought it from marina. The s200 is $670, the s300 is $800 and for a 100 dollars more you can get the s300i. The prices are going up $100 i think starting july 1st.

The s300 and s300i both come with a caddy.

Is Marina online? If so, I read that internet purchases void the warranty on the S300i product brochure. Great price though. Can you provide more information about the vendor (website, phone, etc.)?
Thanks, JD

My Active 20 came in today and I was reading the instructions.

1. It states we should not put the robot into the pool when FC is over 4 ppm. That seems kind of strange. Anyways, I'm currently SLAMMING my pool and FC is at 16 ppm. Has anyone ever put their robot into the pool at higher FC levels?

2. The instruction also states you should not pull the robot out of the pool by its cord. Someone on this thread stated he pulls his by the cord. He sounded intelligent so I'm not discrediting what he was saying. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Great tip!, just ordered mine as well, free shipping and no taxes from this store. I was about to get the Premium (Active 30i) from PoolPartz for $800 (refurbished) but for a small pool like mine (12K gallons) don't think will end up using all the features in the the higher end model and also only one year of warranty in the refurbished vs 2 yr for the new at Marina.

Did everything go ok with your purch from Marina? I'm looking to buy but hesitant with ordering and nervous about warranty registration.

My Active 20 came in today and I was reading the instructions.

1. It states we should not put the robot into the pool when FC is over 4 ppm. That seems kind of strange. Anyways, I'm currently SLAMMING my pool and FC is at 16 ppm. Has anyone ever put their robot into the pool at higher FC levels?

2. The instruction also states you should not pull the robot out of the pool by its cord. Someone on this thread stated he pulls his by the cord. He sounded intelligent so I'm not discrediting what he was saying. Just wanted to let you guys know.

1. A lot of people keep their pools above 4ppm. CYA language. Would be more believable if it said above 6 ppm.
2. I think they mean out of the water, not from the bottom of the pool, which is obviously necessary. The nice handle makes it unnecessary to pull out of pool with cord.

1) Yes, anything up to SLAM level FC would be ok. An FC of 4 and no CYA is extremely harsh.
2) As state above, grab the handle when the cleaner is at the water surface after retrieving it gently with the cord.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've had my dolphin s300 for about a week now working in the pool and I keep getting impeller #1 error codes.

Also, I have yet to see it climb the walls. I assume it's because te walls are dirty or something but my pool is looking much better now.

Could these be related?! Anyone else having a problem with the bot climbing?

I've had my dolphin s300 for about a week now working in the pool and I keep getting impeller #1 error codes.

Also, I have yet to see it climb the walls. I assume it's because te walls are dirty or something but my pool is looking much better now.

It should easily climb walls. Sounds like it needs to be serviced.

The S300 has only 2 filter modes ...........
Fast clean - 1 hour clean / floor only
Regular Clean - 2 hour clean / floor and walls.
Are you sure its not on fast clean mode ? It will not climb walls like this . What ever cleaning cycle its on , will not change even if its unplugged , unless you change it yourself.
If its on Fast clean, it will always clean the floors only ...........maybe thats the issue ?
The full circle option on the controller is regular clean , the half circle is fast clean .
Here is the S300 controller manual to see what I am talking about .........
http://manuals.maytronics.com/digital-power-supply/power-supply-2015?pn=99996221-US&cust=3014

Here is the full S300 manual ...........
http://manuals.maytronics.com/intro?pn=99996221-US&cust=3014

The price was lowered today on the Discovery down to $679.99. I bought last week and getting the difference refunded. Its hard to beat it at this price.
Thank you for sharing! I also purchased last week for $699 so I'll contact them. I love the cleaner btw.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.