Any pool guys or gals near my area with their own business? <Pennsylvania>

May 22, 2014
Newmanstown PA
Good evening everyone. I was wondering if there was anyone close to the Newmanstown (Lebanon / Berk County), Pennsylvania (17073) area that had their own pool business or worked on pools on the side? If so and you'd be willing to do so, maybe you wouldn't mine getting my AGP pool opened. I could easily do this myself when I come home in July, but since I will only have about 3 weeks it would be nice to just "jump right in" when I get home versus spending the first few days cleaning the pool. My wife and kids haven't used the pool the past two seasons because my wife didn't want to deal with it as it was easier for her to join the local pool with me gone. So the last time it's been winterized was 2014.

Pool info:

From what she tells me the winter cover ripped a few weeks ago so she took it off. Then the pool became a green monster so she drained about 80% of the water out and filled it up about a 1/4 of the way. Now the pool is a mild green with a lot of leaves in the bottom. I have a 1.5hp pump and cartridge filter that is apart and in the garage, but I knew I didn't want to use it again so with the help of a few members here I decided to order a Hayward 1hp 2sp pump and a 300lb sand filter. They should be at my home later this week. If someone close would want to tackle this job then I would need the new parts hooked up as well. I have a stand next to the skimmer and return that I made for my old pump and filter, which the new setup would be able to sit on. BUT I would really like these new parts to be installed approx 15' from the pool at the back side of my home where I have shade and over-hang from the roof to better protect the setup from the environment. I'd also like this plumbed with PVC. I know, I'm asking for a lot here.

I just figured I'd post to see if anyone would want to tackle the job before looking at outside pool companies. Plus I figured it would be better to keep the money within this community :)

Thank you everyone!
-Judd

If I were close I'd do it but I'm not. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.