Which Liner Do I need?

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
Here's the side profile of the coping that goes around my pool. As pictured the right side hooks over the pool wall. The original installation instructions call for an overlap liner but I don't think this is for overlap. I think this is beaded, but looking I see a couple different kinds of beaded liners.

JEtY2qyRdyWUpcpau4Rt_9aroOYDdW4wYNXagBhDVIDxzgomQPXa_rjrVE3NdxaI42DxcCi_1TAihmgERzshRoNreCeIytzeKyxDKzF9sPJvG5ujaJbMmQJhe3ro7EhBV1Xo6jV9bIykIa5qFOXRUopUmOGwemxmmK2r7y91nm-FWqIvNbgU-BJj7TPG7HaMOYK3QrPAM_ECiHVjliT6DsP2tuU3FfVYFHeF7EVq16PV9MygAn94UzdXn3ob91G7IGbpRWVtRcJoss--fVcBNeSbETwOkni-CsCOoGYZgA3GXxV4EndZky9u3KD5MtHV0ywK0mOXnIV5VF5OjgrEbnQQXiW80UhAcd_I4DI7EYBO0IRN3zg3hyV5PcENKz-wno-pKC7hmEwZiOeOVjaWrOka1GjmBYx-Arg81_BSrC3zyl5thZuNFXjGfODrpjIRb5io7oqrVq0wQXEIBYcHsSmqsvM6dWj8luudIJ5EzReDBBiH6wcd4olEIwMfoQ9VaS-d6FyQMCoTgOtY0S8EvusmKWEJmaabpBycavrcCUgg6_3OSmT5_cdivIEYFo2KhGgFeWsTTSltu5Jb5cYZgR-eHXawcoF9=w908-h1612-no

That's a bead receiver. The nice thing about that is you don't have to remove the top rails to install a new liner. It just pops right into the bead receiver.

There are two kinds of liners you can get for a bead receiver. One is beaded only, and the other is a combo bead / overlap (i foget exactly what it is called). They have a bead, and then an extra 6" or so of materal after teh bead. If you have an overlap, then you use that extra 6" of material. If you have a bead, then you cut that extra off and just use the bead.

The other nice thing about the bead, aside from not having to take the top rails off, is it is "self leveling". If you have a liner with a border on it, with you have a bead receiver, it pretty much esures that the border will be the same height all around the pool. If you have an overlap, if you can even find a liner with a borded (they dont make many) it is a lot harder to get level all around the pool.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.