Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I'm going to be doing the TFP ascorbic acid treatment for what I believe are mostly copper stains on my liner. I have 64 fluid ounces of Oasis Pools Stain & Scale on hand. It's hard for me to receive packages at my address right now so I'm trying to source the chemicals locally (otherwise I would probably order Jack's Magic Vinyl Blue Stuff). However, if this S&S stuff is going to jack me up I'll switch to Plan B. The chemicals aren't clear to me, the "ingredients greater than 1%" are as follows:

NJTSRN: 15876300-5003P
NJTSRN: 15876300-5004P

So I guess these are MSDS ID's, but I haven't figured out how to search for them. Is this going to work well as a sequestrant? Is it going to elevate my phosphates? My phosphates are currently 500 ppm. I'll do the initial dose of 32 oz, then a maintenance dose of 16 oz / month.

I am concerned that I can't find a msds for that product name online frankly.

I would hold up until you can get a product that we all know works. For exampe, I've seen people use natural chemistry's stain and scale product with an AA treatment and it DID NOT sequester the metal...the msds reveals that its citric acid.

What you want to be using is a HEDP product that might sa "diphosphonic acid" to avoid unintended consequences or failure to sequester ;)

What does the bottle say is in it?

Very not-transparent. I would return it to the pool store and tell them you're unwilling to use a product that does not publish an msds.

More importantly, i simply wouldn't put it in my pool and potentially waste the effort of the AA treatment.

Thanks, yeah I returned it today. Since I believe it to be copper staining, it looks like Jack's Magic has a vinyl version of the Blue Stuff that would be my best bet. What's odd though is the MSDS's are identical between the two (100% 1-Hydroxyethylidene- 1, 1-diphosphonic Acid). I wonder why that is?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.