New pool, confused and worried

I already purchased the sand, do I have to do a full bacquacil conversion if I empty water and change sand? I was just planning on doing the water change and changing the sand and then slamming it. We have only had bacquacil for a little over a month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You will still follow the complete process but the process will be GREATLY simplified. There will still be some Baqua remaining that will need to be converted but a huge major will be discarded once you drain the water. Your plan is about 90% correct, just don't add CYA or change the sand until AFTER you complete the steps listed in the Baquacil article.

Okay thank you so much, so when we refill the water then I will test ph and then fix that and then bring the chlorine level up with the bleach to 15 ppm and brush the sides and bottom of the pool to get the bacqau, I will do this when the water is emptying also, as much as I can.

With chlorine that high, I need to leave my cover off and no swimming right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, just to double check. We are putting a new liner in, new water, new hoses to filter and pump and changing the sand in the filter. We will scrub the ladder and mat down. No water from before will be used in the new liner. Do I have to do a full conversion with the fc at 15 or can I just SLAM it? Also with chlorine that high, will it bleach out my new liner?

Aqualeader AG round 30', Hayward sand filter, Hayward 1.5 hp pump, TF100 test kit,

We are starting to finish filling the pool. Once full I will start the pump and check ph and fix that and start the conversion to chlorine, is that correct. Having the fc that high will not bleach the new liner will it? Thanks for your help and I am sure I will have more question, once I start testing.

Aqualeader AG round 30', 21,200 gals, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 1.5 hp pump, TF100 test kit,

Ok, we started the conversion.

Ph was 6.8 so I upped it to 7.5 with borax.

FC has been staying at 15 for the last 2 hours. So I just keep testing every hour right?

Thanks again for your help.

Aqualeader AG round 30', 21,200 gals, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 1.5 hp pump, TF100 test kit,

We are on day 3 of the conversion. It is going well, pool is really clear and I tested the OCLT this morning, but it dropped 3 fc. So I will test again tomorrow morning. Here are pictures of the pool yesterday and when we started
c029215395aaefe30c43cced1ca4ec64.jpg
a35dbecbda29928a75306d329f02a52a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.