Intex 20'x52" Ultra Frame with dual suction/strainer holes (and one return hole)

shanny

Jun 17, 2016
Alexandria, MN
I apologize in advance if I don't use the correct terminology! I just set up a new 20'x52" Ultra Frame after having an Easy Set last summer. There are now 3 holes to deal with (2 suction and 1 return) with the T plunger valve. My issue is that the strainer connectors I received ARE NOT THREADED, and therefore it seems I cannot get any accessories like a strainer basket or use a vacuum since I can't screw anything onto the strainer connector.

Re: Intex 20'x52" Ultra Frame with dual suction/strainer holes (and one return hole)

I may be missing something here but are you saying that the 2 suction fittings that go through the pool wall are not threaded to hold them in place? If it is an Intex it should only have 2 holes one for supply and one for return. Bestway pools have 3 holes like your describing. The 2 suction holes are built into the pool wall and protrude about 3 inches out. The hose connects to these two protrusions with a hose clamp. You can make your own adapter with 3/4" pvc pipe to connect a vacuum hose to. Or you can find an over the rail skimmer for Bestway/Coleman pools that comes with the adapter. Intex also has the same skimmer type setup with adapters. A picture of what your talking about would help a lot.

Re: Intex 20'x52" Ultra Frame with dual suction/strainer holes (and one return hole)

I apologize in advance if I don't use the correct terminology! I just set up a new 20'x52" Ultra Frame after having an Easy Set last summer. There are now 3 holes to deal with (2 suction and 1 return) with the T plunger valve. My issue is that the strainer connectors I received ARE NOT THREADED, and therefore it seems I cannot get any accessories like a strainer basket or use a vacuum since I can't screw anything onto the strainer connector.

I'm experiencing the very same issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.